The following tax rates were approved by the Town of South Brook at a meeting held December 14, 2005 and is hereby published
with the provisions of Section 109(1) of the Municipalities Act.
- 9 mils on the assessed value of the property. Minimum Property Tax is $275.00.
WATER & SEWER TAX
- $444.00 Commercial and public buildings
- $384.00 Residential (Including cabin owners)
- $100.00 Connection Fee (Property Owner is responsible for all installation costs).
- Trucking companies - 12% of the assessed value of real property used by the business where there is
a fixed business.
- Restaurants / motels - 11 mils
- Utility Companies and Cable T.V. Companies - 2.5% of 2005 Gross Revenue.
- All other types of businesses with a fixed place of business - 2.5% of the assessed value of real property used by the
- With no fixed place of business - 1/5 of 1%
- Minimum Business Tax is $50.00
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT POLICIES RE TAX PAYMENT:
- All taxes are to be payed in FULL as of December 13, 2006.
- The policy of cutting Water & Sewer services if a taxpayer owes three months or more IS STILL IN EFFECT.
HOW TO PAY YOUR TOWN TAXES ONLINE
- Go into your normal banking website (i.e. www.scotiabank.ca for Bank of Nova Scotia)
- Open the "Add a Payee" option
- Enter the word "Town" where you are given an option to search for a payee
- No need to enter anything under "Category"
- Select the correct Province
- Submit or Enter
- Select "South Brook Town Taxes" from the list that appears
- Enter your account number which you will find on all your receipts and invoices from the Town of South Brook. Your
account number will always begin with the numbers "10" and is a five digit number.
- Hit Enter and you're done!
- When you are ready to make a payment online, just do so as you do with any other online payment from your bank account.